Medicare Supplement Plans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois provides outstanding health benefits to Illinois residents including Medicare Supplement insurance plans for individuals over age 65 or those that are eligible for Medicare.
Why Does Your Client Need Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Medicare is a federal program to help older Americans and some disabled Americans pay for the high cost of health care. However, Medicare was never intended to cover all of their health care costs. So even if your client may be covered by Medicare, they are still responsible for a large portion of their health care costs.
Determine Your Client’s Eligibility
- Age 65 or Older
As long as your client is an Illinois resident age 65 or older and has Medicare Parts A and B, their acceptance is guaranteed.
- Under Age 65
If your client is an Illinois resident, under age 65, has Medicare Parts A and B and applies for a Medicare supplement plan within the six (6) months following their enrollment for Medicare Part B, their acceptance is guaranteed.
What Options does Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Provide for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois offers two options for Medicare Supplement coverage — Standard and Med-Select plans. There are two key differences between them.
First, with Med-Select, to receive benefits for the Part A deductible, your client must use participating Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Med-Select hospitals (except in cases of emergency admission). If your client does NOT use a Med-Select hospital, he or she must pay the Part A deductible. The second difference is price. With Med-Select, your client's premiums will be even lower than our already competitive Standard rates.
- No Claim Forms in Most Cases
- Membership Card Recognition Guaranteed Nationwide
- No Waiting Period for Pre-Existing Conditions — Immediate Coverage
- Coverage for All Medicare-Approved Services
- Protection to Keep Pace with Medicare Cost Increases
- Choice of Physicians and Hospitals*
- Save up to 30% on services at spas, wellness and fitness centers, and Complementary Alternative Medicine therapies with our BlueExtrasSM discount program
- Free Subscription to LifeTimes® Newspaper
- Billing Options — E-Z Blue Payment OptionSM for Monthly Pre-Authorized, Automatic Withdrawals or Pay by Check Every Two Months.
*Med-Select Plans require that your client use Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois participating Med-Select hospitals for non-emergency admissions to receive coverage for the Medicare Part A deductible.